Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Backs of the Family

Sometime in the mid 1980's I took some pictures at a family gathering at my sister Betsy's house. Everyone was there but when the pictures came back from processing a lot of people around the house had their backs to the camera. I probably just walked through the house snapping photos with my camera. When that role of film was processed that envelope of photos became a joke. The amusement over those pictures turned into a family practical joke... on me.

Later that year I received a gift package with a little book of photos. It was a collection of family portraits but of all our family members besides me posed in Betsy's house with their backs to the camera.

The first was Rita and Scott, then Betsy, Joe, Sara and Chris, followed by Cathy, Phil, Eric and Brian. Then there were two single photos. One of Tom wearing his Oklahoma jacket and then one of Dan. The last one was my favorite. Mom-Mom and Mom.

I came across the little photo book while clearing out a book shelf. I certainly hadn't looked at those back pictures in decades. I then posted them to our sibling phone text chat group with lots of funny responses including some "back" puns.















No comments: