Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Star Wars Box Set

I was up on the third floor doing some cleaning up and downsizing when I came across this Star Wars Box Set of VHS versions of the first three films. They were the collectors special edition that I probably got the kids for Christmas back in the day.

They were both and still are big Star Wars fans and they continue to keep up with all the new movies and streaming series. 

Well, we don't have a VHS player so we might as well get rid of this and Becky thinks she may get something for this set on eBay. Not much because there are so many of these sets out there but they are worth something.

I really can't keep track of how many Star Wars movies and television series are out there these days. I should ask Katie because I'm sure she knows. I was thinking of subscribing to the Disney Plus package to catch up on some of those new series like The Mandalorian and the Boba Fett series. 

I can remember very clearly when the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977. I was in college taking film classes at Temple and was reading lots of film magazines. I remember reading an article about the upcoming movie being shot in North Africa in the magazine American Film published by the American Film Institute. I was looking forward to the movie coming out and we went and saw it in the theater the week it was released. Loved it.

Each time a new film came in out I was excited to go and see it. The Empire Strikes Back in 1980 and then The Return of the Jedi in 1983. Katie and Sean became fascinated with the Star Wars movies in the mid to late 90's which is when I got this VHS collection. I would later buy them again in DVD.

Then the second trilogy came out between 1999 and 2005. I think it was around 2012 when Lucas sold all the rights to the Star Wars franchise to Disney and then came still another trilogy. Now the Disney channel is running lots of animated Star Wars shows and the mentioned above live action series.

No comments: