Saturday, February 5, 2022

Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow is a radio program on station WXPN in Philadelphia that aired on the weekend. When Becky and I lived in Germantown in the 1970's we listened to it all the time. It was one of our favorite programs. I often set the alarm with it so it came on and played softly in the morning as we were getting up and starting our day.

It is still part of the radio station's program lineup and when we are in Philly staying with Katie & Todd we listen to WXPN all the time and especially Sleepy Hollow on the weekends.

Today I saw that The Key, WXPN's blog, had an article featuring the history of Sleepy Hollow and they had a special program today... Presenting Sleepy Hollow Through The Decades: A celebration of quiet sounds across the generations

Over the years Sleepy Hollow has been the inspiration for many mixes I've made that attempt to capture the feel of that program of soft quiet music. Morning music listening with a gentle mix of folk, rock, jazz and classical.

I have the app to listen to Sleepy Hollow anytime and I have used it. I also scan their playlists for artists that I might be interested in and to see what they have been playing recently.

I'm listening to Sleepy Hollow right now.

No comments: