Sunday, February 6, 2022

Backyard Sunroom Sitting

Earlier today the afternoon temperatures were in the low 30's, there was no breeze, and not a cloud in the very blue sky. The backyard had a blanket of snow about a foot deep. There were animal tracks going here and there. 

I was sitting in our backyard sunroom which was sunny and warm. I had to remove my hat, take off my jacket and unzip my vest and then I was comfortable in my flannel shirt but I probably should have been wearing sunglasses. I was a little snow blind when I came in the house later.

I was reading a science fiction novel but stopped to write down some thoughts in my notebook which I take with me everywhere. I didn't put any music on. Sometimes I like the quiet of a beautiful afternoon. The snow also probably deadened the sound.

While sitting there I noticed the birds had become quiet around the bird feeders and then disappeared from view. I could hear some birds off in the distance but then suddenly everything went really quiet again. Then I saw a hawk fly above the yard and land in the branches of one of our trees. Well, that explained the unusual quietness. 

A little while later he flew off and then the birds got noisy again as they swarmed around the nearby bird feeders. I went back to my reading although I did feel like I was going to doze off at one point.

Then as the sun started dropping in the late afternoon the temperature in the sunroom dropped too. It was time head back to the house but I really enjoyed my time out there again. Looking forward to being back there tomorrow. Maybe I'll play some music too.

No comments: