Monday, January 15, 2024

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan in Concert

Becky and I went to see Stevie Ray Vaughan at the Rooftop Skyroom on Seneca Street in July 1983. I had just bought his album Texas Flood after hearing him play on David Bowie's Let's Dance album. There had been a lot of articles about his music and playing around that time and I was anxious to see him perform live. 

The show was terrific and we couldn't believe how good he and his band Double Trouble were that night.

This was the only time I ever went to a show at this venue which was very popular with the Buffalo hard rock and heavy metal scene. I looked up the Skyroom for a sense of the history and saw that it had several names over the years but about 90% of the shows there were hard rock. 

I was very glad to have seen Stevie Ray Vaughan in concert especially in a small club. I was very saddened when he died i a helicopter crash in 1990.

Stevie Ray Vaughan albums in my collection.
  • Texas Flood, 1983
  • Couldn't Stand The Weather, 1984
  • Live Alive, 1986
  • In Step, 1989
  • Family Style with Jimmie Vaughan, 1990
  • Greatest Hits, 1995
  • Live at Carnegie Hall, 1997
  • The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, 2002
  • Live at The Spectrum, Montreal 1984, 2010

No comments: