Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Before The Flood - Bob Dylan & The Band in Concert

I only saw Bob Dylan one time and that was in January 1974 when he played at The Spectrum in Philadelphia touring together with The Band. It's hard to believe that I saw this amazing show just over 50 years ago this month. I had seen The Band perform several times before on their own but it was very different seeing them play with and supporting Bob Dylan. There was part of the show where Dylan was alone on the stage and there was a portion of the concert with The Band playing their hits without Dylan but most of the time there were playing together. Overall it was a great mix of performances. Shortly after the concert the live album from the tour Before The Flood was released which of course I got right away. 


I was only out of the Navy for about two weeks when I saw this show. I would very quickly be back to regularly seeing live music in bars, clubs, theaters and arenas throughout the rest of the 70's while attending Temple University. 




No comments: