Thursday, January 4, 2024

First PT Session - Buffalo Rehab

I had my first physical therapy session today for my recently dislocated shoulder. It was mainly a registration and evaluation session although I did get an app with several basic exercises to get me started. I also got set up for a series of sessions over the next six weeks. I had to fill out a lot of paperwork, medical history, medications, and took a couple of surveys.

I explained what happened to my shoulder and the level of pain and discomfort I was having from the injury. The PT person, Matt, assigned to me spent some time examining my shoulder and doing some test including strength and range of movement.

The facility was very nice and spacious. It is also nearby. It is on the corner of Hertel and Parkside in the new building recently constructed at that location. On this particular trip Becky drove me there and dropped me off while she went down the street to her studio. When I was finished I called her on the phone and a few minutes later she came by and picked me up out in front. 

Matt told me I would be able to drive so I'll be able to take myself back and forth to these sessions. He did tell me to be careful shoveling snow and lifting heavy objects until my shoulder muscles regain their strength.

No comments: