Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Brain Scan #23

Today I had my 23rd aneurysm related scan of my brain. I wrote at length about my many scans a few other times over the years. Here is my Brain Scan #22 and a follow up posts from 2021 along with a post on my medical records of scans. I also wrote about my eye problems and concerns yesterday after my visit to my eye doctor. 

I've had my last few brain scans at Roswell Park Cancer Institute because my neurosurgeon determined that they had the best scanning equipment in the region. I previously had been having my scans done at Buffalo General Hospital and Gates Circle Hospital before that. I think I've been going to Roswell for my scans for at least the past ten years and probably more than that. I can't remember exactly when we started using Roswell. It is an amazing place and never fails to impress me with their service and facilities. The people that work there are the best. There is always someone playing the piano in the lobby too. 

I took a photo of my work up for the contrast dye that was run through my body. They also gave me a blood test to ensure my kidneys could handle the contrast dye. 

The scan was quick and efficient. I talked with the technician and made sure she understood that the scan was not only looking at the clipped aneurysm but to also focus on the one behind my eyes. I explained my recent vision problems and the probable need for cataract surgery. We needed to know if that would be OK to do that surgery and that it would not have a negative impact on that aneurysm. 

I only had to wait for about ten minutes for them to make the CD of the scan for me to take for UB Neurosurgery. Tomorrow I will meet with the PA and review the scans. 

No comments: