Monday, May 3, 2021

Brain Scan #22

I got a new CD to add to my collection today. Brain scan #22.

This morning I had my biannual brain scan down at Roswell Cancer Institute. My neurosurgeon has been sending me there for scans for the past ten years or so because of their high quality scanning technology equipment. 

I've been having brain scans of various types including CATscans, angiograms, MRIs, MRAs and CTAs since 1988.

Today was quick and routine except for needing to wear a mask all the time and especially while laying in the CTA scanning machine. I had a funny incident when the nurse said she everything was done but then added she needed to take out my IV. I thought she said I needed to take out my ID and I reached into my pocket for my wallet. The paperwork had indicated that I needed to present a picture ID and I had already needed to identify myself several times already. I thought the nurse was preparing the last bit of paperwork while I was laying there on the machine. We had a laugh.

The most time I spent doing anything was waiting for the image CD to be prepared for me. I need to take that CD to my doctor appointment next week to review the results with the neurosurgeon.

I took the subway down to Roswell as I usually do but this time I was using my relatively new public transportation apps on my phone. My Token Transit app allows me to buy a round trip rail ticket a head of time and then I activate it when I get to the subway station. I would then show the phone with the ticket displayed to the train ticket checker. Very easy to use once you set up an account to purchased tickets. The other app Transit allows me to select a destination such as the Roswell hospital where my scan was scheduled and then select a time to get there. The app uses my location to tell me when to leave the house, the amount of time to walk to the rail station, the scheduled arrival of the train, the amount of time to walk from the station to the building to get there by the time entered into the app for arrival. It worked great.

New CD added to my collection today... brain aneurysm scan #22. I've been having these brain scans of various kinds since 1988 and it has become somewhat routine over the years. The hardest thing this time was laying in that CTA scanning machine with that damn mask on.

No comments: