Friday, May 28, 2021

Belfast Noir

Over the past year or so I’ve read a lot of crime novels, travel books and short story collections and now I’m combining them by reading a series of crime noir story collections from Akashic Books that take place in cities around the world. I’m starting with Belfast, then Havana and who knows where after that.

For many years now I've been reading crime mystery detective novels that take place in cities around the world including Berlin, Paris, Los Angeles, New York, Belfast, Dublin, Bangkok and many others. I'm looking forward to reading more from this series of short stories.

I'm also really enjoying reading these short stories that take place in Belfast during The Troubles. I've just read several books by Adrian McKinty that take place in Belfast at that time so I've been familiar with the history of that time and place.


No comments: