Friday, August 11, 2023

Another Ozzie Moment

Another like the other. Here is a previous post on my Ozzie Moment phenomenon. So the other day I was doing something around the house when I heard some beeping that was erratic. It also sounded different but was coming from the basement. I went down to check the smoke detectors as usual but the beeping had stopped. Then it started again and I was searching for the source. I tried to pinpoint where it was coming from but there was nothing there. It was coming from the the front corner of the house on the right side when in the basement. There was no device anywhere in the area of the basement. It almost sounded like it could have been outside. Then it stopped for good. The sound was coming from somewhere in that corner in the photo.

I spent some time trying to find the source device of the beeping. I even looked outside. The only thing nearby on the outside was the remote meter reading device on the side of the house but I had never heard that make any kind of sound. 

Then I saw a meter reading guy across the street going house to house reading the remote meters with a handheld device that he would place on the wall device. I walked across the street and asked him about the meter reading and if it made a beep when used. He assured me it did not beep. Then I asked him if he had read the outside meter in our house about fifteen minutes ago and he said yes. Did it beep I asked and he said no. He also had earplugs and had obviously been listening to music or something as he made his rounds. 

I figure that it was him reading our meter that made the loud beeping I heard coming from our basement which was actually coming from just outside the basement walls. Then he read our neighbors meter which is directly across the alley from ours and accounts for the second round of beeping I heard.

So much for this Ozzie Moment.

No comments: