Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Annual Physical and Another Covid Vaccine Shot

Today I had my annual physical exam with Dr. Charles, my primary doctor. All went well and there were no surprises and no major issues. I'm fortunate. I recently had my annual checkups with the cardiologist and the urologist over the past couple of weeks.

I also had another Covid vaccine shot. This was my sixth shot. There is a new variant vaccine under development that should be ready later in the fall. There is no date yet. My doctor initially thought it would be fine for me to wait until October for that shot. I then expressed some concern that there so many people that we know that have been contracting the virus in recent weeks and that we were planning to travel next month. He saw my uneasiness about waiting for the next shot and agreed for me to have the latest shot now. Afterall it has been ten months since my last vaccine shot. Within ten minutes I had the shot. Becky gets her shot at CVS tomorrow.

No comments: