Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Ozzie Moment

The phrase of me having an Ozzie moment began when I spent a good ten or fifteen minutes going through the house looking for something beeping. It was an erratic beep with no pattern. I was down in the basement looking at the smoke detectors and also up in the bedrooms doing the same thing. I was out in the kitchen checking the refrigerator door. I was confounded and couldn't find the beeping. I was walking aroud the house in a daze.

Becky, Katie and Sean were in the living room the entire time watching TV and not aware of what I had been doing. In my frustration I came into the room and asked if they were hearing the beeping that was driving me crazy. Then I heard the beep again and saw Ozzy Osbourne sitting on the couch on his TV show getting bleeped out every almost every time he opened his mouth. He was the cause of the beeping I was hearing. Everyone started laughing and my confusion became known as an Ozzie Moment.

The Osbournes show on MTV ran from 2002 to early 2005. Katie and Sean were both still in school so this probably happened in 2002 when the show was new and interesting. Ozzy was always acting stupid and saying dumb things laced with profanity while his wife and kids yelled at him. Thus all the beeping.

So after that any time I was wandering around the house helplessly or hopelessly looking for something it was called having an Ozzie Moment. I still use the phrase nearly twenty years later.

Personally I didn't watch anything more than a few minutes at a time when the show was on in our house. The kids sometimes watched it for laughs but they didn't really know much about who Ozzy really was and all that.

No comments: