Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mix Making History Pt. 3

Continued from the A Side / B Side Facebook group.

My mix history Pt. 3. In the 2000’s and beyond I expanded my mix making into social media and the sharing of mixes with like-minded mixers. I always shared my mixes among family and friends as gifts since the early 80’s but the online world radically changed things. I had actually been part of several online groups discussing music and mix making going back to the early 2000’s. It was great sharing music with so many people and I certainly learned a lot about many bands and artists I was unaware of or may have overlooked over the years. At this time I was also spending a lot of time creating CD cases with special software using images and text for my mixes. I really enjoyed making those cases which now take up the shelves of a couple of bookcases. Some of those groups were Art of the Mix, the Splitters, MixCloud, Zen Running Order, Mix Tapes to Go and probably a few others. It's been a lot of fun and have met a lot of great people over the years through this mix making obsession. Pt. 4 will be the retirement years and the mega mix.

No comments: