Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Coles and the Fox

It was time to go out. Just the two of us. So this evening we went down to Coles for dinner. We had a wonderful time as usual except this time the service was not up to our usual expectations. Our waiter seemed to have something else on his mind. However, the food was good and we had a great time.

Becky had their Buffalo Wrap with their very tasty fries. I had fish tacos along with sweet potato fries and a honey sauce. I ate all of mine and Becky had just a small piece and a few fries to take home. 

I had a couple of craft draft beers. First an Out of Focus extra bitter English ale from Threes Brewery out of Brooklyn NY. Very tasty and satisfying. Then I followed that up with a Shine Theory New England hazy IPA from Prison City Brewery from Auburn, NY. I liked this one very much. Becky had a Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. One of her favorites.  

Later in the evening when we got home I sat on the front porch with a book and some music in my earphones when I saw something very odd coming down the sidewalk. My first thought was it was a strange looking cat and then I thought maybe it was a dog but then I suddenly realized it was a fox. I jumped out of my seat to take a better look as it went by. Then I realized that Pat next door and her son also saw the varmint. They were surprised and were not sure what it was they saw but they knew it wasn't a dog or cat.

I knew what it was because there have been numerous sightings of a fox throughout the Parkside neighborhood that have been discussed on social media. I was hoping that particular fox wasn't out hunting the many rabbits in our neighborhood and on our block. 

I sent a text message to Katie and Sean stating "I was sitting on the porch a few minutes ago when I saw a fox trot by on the sidewalk."  Well, a few minutes later a got a video chat call from Katie because the kids wanted me to describe my encounter with the fox. 

No comments: