Saturday, August 27, 2022

Today in the Past

I always look at the Memories feature in Facebook. Well, I really can't help it because they make it so obvious to you and today's was a little more interesting than usual. Here are some of the things I posted about on this day in previous years.

Two years ago I posted a beer pic of Southern Tier Brewing's Pumking which was no big deal since I post lots of beer pic but this one at Sean and Ashely's new house in Glenville NY.

Three yeas ago Becky and I had just arrived in Dublin and I posted about having my first Guinness in Ireland at the Harbour Master Restaurant along with some fish and chips and mushy peas. We then went to Urban Brewery near our hotel and I posted something about day drinking in Dublin.

Four years ago I posted something about our cactus bloom that drooped over when the sun came up. It only likes to show off it's bloom at night. I must have posted something about it the day before.

Five years ago Betsy and Joe were in town visiting us and I posted a picture of them down at Canalside. The day before they went down to the Elmwood Arts Festival with us and that was the last time Becky and I were there until today.

Six years ago I made a comment about being newly retired and Betsy had told me that now every day is happy hour.

Seven years ago the city cut down the old elm tree in front of our house. It only took the tree company an hour to take it down and I posted a series of photos of the ongoing progress. It was a sad day but the tree had been dying. Now we have a nice young tree that is doing very well.

Twelve years ago I wrote the following... "Sorry folks, I got FB spammed. Don't open any links from me. I'm not sending them and they are bad."

No comments: