Thursday, June 9, 2022

Feeling Better... Finally

This has probably been the longest lasting cold I've had in my adult life. Now, I've had many spring colds over the years but nothing like what I've gone through this spring of 2022. First I had about a three week cold in April following our visit to Philly and Glenville. Them a month later in mid-May I got sick again followed by Becky getting sick.

Finally now during the first week of June I've been feeling much better but still not completely well. I wrote about these spring illnesses in some earlier posts. First with Spring Cold in April, Sick Again a month later and the Sick Again Pt. 2 about a week ago. I've never really experienced this kind of ongoing being sick with a cold. It has been very frustrating. 

I really think a lot of this problem has been that our immune systems have been somewhat compromised by our not being our and about as much as usual because of covid and our not being exposed normally to the different cold viruses. Then we do something or visit with people and bingo we get a nasty cold that in other years would bother us for a few days instead of a few weeks. In previous years how many times were we in crowded bars and restaurants but during the past couple of years not so much. Actually not at all. The very few times we were in a restaurant dining room it was not crowded and also in between new virus strain exposures. 

Fortunately these colds have not been the coronavirus. We have had home testing done and we have also recently went out and had the PCR testing done. Always negative.

I really wish things would get back to normal.  We are going to Long Lake with the family in July and when we get back we will be hosting a Parkside Wine on Wednesday. I'm planning to stop by a WOW next week.

I had a dentist appointment scheduled for last week to get my teeth cleaned and had to cancel it because I wasn't sure if I would still be coughing. I didn't want to infect anyone. I was lucky that I was able to reschedule the appointment for two weeks later because someone had just cancelled. I will be able to go next week and get my teeth cleaned and checked.

I'm looking forward to being and staying healthy again.


No comments: