Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Summer Time Bug Lights

I've been spending a lot of time this summer in the backyard sunroom and also sitting on a chair on the grass. During most of the evenings there have been a lot of tiny bugs flittering about in the way back of the yard in very large clouds. I can see them from the front of the yard where I sit. The bugs become especially visible in the failing sunlight of the evening dusks. It's amazing to watch them and after several evenings I snapped this picture of them. It was interesting to see how it turned out and I actually found it fascinating. 

Overall the bugs are not too bad in the backyard although they do bother Becky more than me. We keep some Off! spray cans readily available. Sometimes there are some flies or tiny little bugs dropping out of the trees on me when I sit on a chair out back. I never get bothered in the screened sunroom. 

Prior to our hosting our WOW in the backyard later in July I will bug bomb the backyard to ensure folks are not bothered by mosquitos. That worked really well the last time we had a crowd in the backyard.


No comments: