Friday, June 10, 2022

Jan 6th Public Hearings

Last night I watched the first televised public session of the January 6th Committee hearings. I sat in the kitchen at the table and I had the live televised feed from CNN in one of the windows of my laptop. Becky was in the living room watching one of her shows on the TV. We really didn't need to watch the hearings but I was interested in the presentation.

I thought Liz Cheney was great. Now I don't ever agree with anything she has ever stood for previously but she has a very strong knack for knocking down trump and all of the republican traitors that have been supporting him and his lies.

The video presentation was highly entertaining and strikingly scary at the same time. It was damning and certainly went to the heart of the insurrection. I can see why Fox News did not want to show it. The hearings testimonies and videos were all very powerful.

The ratings for the first night of the public hearings were 20 million viewers. Fox News ran their regular programing and had their regular audience of 3 million. Nobody expected the Fox viewers to tune in and get their minds changed. That just isn't in their nature. They are there at Fox to get their biases reinforced. 

I turned on Fox today for a little bit and of course they were ranting about how biased all of the mainstream media was against them and trump. 

No comments: