Tuesday, March 1, 2022

24 Hour Virus

Yesterday I had one of those what my mother called a 24 hour virus where I was sick for one day. When I was a kid that happened quite a few times but only very occasionally as an adult. Yesterday was one of those occasions.

I was fine on Sunday except for a little runny nose. Very early Monday morning I woke up feeling out of sorts. As the morning progressed I didn't want to get out of bed and actually stayed there to mid-morning. I was feeling a little nausea, a minor headache, some congestion, and a little light headedness. Then I had a very minor bout of diarrhea but that only lasted a couple of hours. I certainly suspected maybe some Covid virus and would have taken a test if it continued.

But it did not continue. I slept most of the day. I did get up and do a little laundry and got myself a small breakfast of a couple of pieces of toast. Then it was back to bed. I got up briefly a couple of times throughout the day but quickly went back to bed each time. I never felt really bad but just off. It did seem like a 24 hour flu which is very contagious but short lived.

Throughout the rest of the day I really didn't do anything. I tried reading a little but not for very long. I didn't watch any television and I didn't do any writing. I just couldn't concentrate. It wasn't until much later in the evening that I was able to sit at my laptop and listen to a little music. I was feeling much better by 9 or 10 o'clock that night. I slept through the night and woke up this morning somewhat refreshed. Not exactly back to normal but much better. I did not have any cough, body aches, sore throat or fever. Mostly fatigue. 

Becky and I were speculating that I must have picked up a bug while we were out at the closing reception five days ago. We certainly considered that I may have picked up some Covid but the symptoms were not quite right and the timing of the infection was off. I would really be sick for a much longer time. This really did feel like one of those old 24 hour virus bugs.

Fortunately Becky did not seem to catch the bug. She had a very minor upset stomach but that was it.

No comments: