Friday, January 28, 2022

Station Eleven TV Series

I just finished watching the Station Eleven TV series on HBO Max. I had read the novel in January 2015 and wrote about here. Wow, that was seven years ago. I enjoyed the novel very much and was looking forward to the show when I heard it would be streaming in December. We just signed up for HBO Max a week ago and this was the first show I watched. There were ten one hour episodes in the series and I watched them all in about a week. I never watched two episodes in a row but did watch a couple of days where I saw one in the morning or afternoon and then one at night.

The original book jumped all over a twenty year time period and the television series does the same thing and very effectively explores the various characters. Some parts of the show seem very different from the novel but of course that happens all the time in these kind of adaptations. I don't think the show covered everything that happened in the book and there certainly is a lot of room for the series to continue for another ten episodes at least. In fact I'm looking forward to the story continuing as there are many unanswered questions.

The trailer for the Station Eleven TV show.

No comments: