Saturday, January 15, 2022

High School Photo

This is a formal picture taken of me in the spring of 1968. It was for the my 1969 graduation yearbook for North Catholic. But of course I never went back there following that summer when the family moved to Harleysville later that year.

The funny thing about these photos were all the doctoring like a decades early preview of Photoshop. I don't think I ever really looked like this picture.

When Mom moved into the house on Evergreen Avenue with Mom-Mom she had one wall full of all our high school graduation pictures and there they were for decades. Recently now that Dan is living there he has been doing some renovation and down came all those photos. The other day he came by Katie's house in Mt Airy and dropped off this photo and a drawing Becky did of me in 1982. It was great to briefly see Dan on Katie's porch for a few minutes. He also got to see Violet when Katie brought her out on to the porch.

So now I have this old photo. I guess we'll reframe it and put it up somewhere alongside my old formal kid photos from first communion and confirmation. 

No comments: