Sunday, January 30, 2022

Expanse TV Show

Just finished watching another television season of The Expanse on Prime Video. This was the sixth season and there were only six episodes this time around. In the previous five seasons there were either ten or thirteen episodes per season so this year I seemed to go through it very fast... about half the time.

The series was originally on the SyFy network for the first three seasons beginning in 2015.  I started watching it when it moved to the Amazon Prime Video. I also started reading the series of books in 2017. 

I found the TV series to be very well done and entertaining science fiction. I was captivated and went through the initial first few seasons very quickly. Then I watched each new season as it was released on Amazon. There were many complex plotlines that ran simultaneously through the seasons and involved many characters. 

I've read that season 6 is the final season but it corresponds with the sixth book in the series which has three more books published. The final episode for season 6 certainly leaves the viewer with the expectation that there is much more to come including me.

I was also reading the books as they were published. I've just downloaded the e-book of the ninth novel from the library and looking forward to starting it this week.



No comments: