Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Patterns and Routines

Pandemically speaking... our post retirement lives have developed into a series of patterns and routines. That is, of course, when we are not traveling to visit grandchildren.

One of Becky's routines have been making meals and of course going to the market for groceries. Fortunately she can stop at a few different food markets on her way home from her art studio which she goes to every day. 

Of course Becky's art studio has been a wonderful daily routine for her throughout this ongoing pandemic. Another of her routines has been buying and selling stuff on eBay and Etsy. Another pattern has been a group of special shows and movies she watches every evening.

One of our daily patterns has been for her to watch her shows in the living room while I'm in the kitchen writing in this blog or working on mixes. Writing has been keeping me busy the past few years and especially during this stay at home time. I also read a lot of books. I have several reading places including the reading chair in the living room and the chair on the second floor at the window overlooking the street out front. In the warm weather there is the front porch where I usually sit and read every evening. I also sit in the backyard both out in the yard during the day and in the sunroom in the evenings or late into the night. It is very pleasant. I also have the room fixed up for winter sitting although this winter season I've not had many opportunities. I like sitting out there on cold days that are sunny which warms the sunroom up somewhat. 


No comments: