Thursday, December 3, 2020

The Things I Carry Around

These are the things I carry around the house as I move from one special place to another. The special places are where I sit and do things. The things I do with the things I carry are reading, writing and listening to music. The things I carry include a notebook with pen, a tablet, a book, a phone and sometimes an iPod.

The special places have been the front porch and the backyard which are now not in use because of the change of season. I sit at the kitchen table with a comfortable chair with my laptop and the other things nearby. I sit in the chair in the living room with my things on the table next to me. We just got a new reading lamp for that special place. We recently set up a new special place for me to sit on the second floor in a chair overlooking the front windows. There is a reading lamp next to the chair and it almost feels like I'm sitting on the porch with a nice view of the neighborhood up and down the street. I also recently set up the sunroom in the backyard to be used this winter. I sealed the windows, rearranged the furniture and stored most of the usual stuff in the shed. I took the chairs from the front porch and put them in the sunroom along with a table to work with the laptop. We have a heater in the room and the stereo is staying in it's place. I've used it a few times lately and is quite comfortable when the sun is shining regardless of how cold it's been so far. We'll see.  So I take my things and move around to different places in the house to mostly read, write and listen to music.

This is one of the ways I'm surviving the pandemic.

No comments: