Sunday, December 6, 2020

Dylan in the Morning

Morning Kitchen Listening... Bob Dylan. Probably the most iconic and influential musician of my lifetime. Starting of with the Biograph box set for a nice overview up to a point.  Then on to Blonde on Blonde followed by Blood on the Tracks. I'll probably go with something much later at that point. 

I've been reading about Dylan lately. 

Biograph was the first CD box set I had purchased in 1986. Blonde on Blonde and Blood on the Tracks are two of my favorite albums. I can still vividly remember first reading about Blonde on Blonde back when it came out in 1966. This was around the time when I started incessantly reading record reviews in newspapers, magazines and wherever I could.

I only saw Bob Dylan perform live once. That was in 1974 when he was touring with The Band. We saw him at the Spectrum in Philly. Great show.

According to iTunes and my vinyl shelves I have 62 Bob Dylan albums in my collection. There are 9 live albums and 12 compilations most of which are box sets in his bootleg series.


No comments: