Sunday, October 11, 2020

My Three Sons

My Three Sons was another one of those television shows I watched throughout my childhood. It began broadcasting in 1960 and went on through 1972 although I stopped watching around 1968 or so. I remember it in black and white and it went to color some time after 1965. I think our family got a color tv around 1966. That was a big deal.

I remember always liking Fred MacMurray as the dad in the show. It was strange to me for this guy to be raising his sons without a mother for them. He did have the maternal grandfather living in the home who was also the primary housekeeper and caregiver. William Frawley played the grandfather and I always liked him in the show. He was called Bub and was in the show for the first few seasons. I think I stopped watching when Bub and the oldest son left the show.  In general by the late 60's I was watching a lot less television and was out of the house more in the evenings. For a few years in the early 60's I watched this show a lot.

No comments: