Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Mix Cloud Again

I recently started posting some of my mixes again on the Mixcloud site. At one point about ten years ago I had several hundred mixes on the site and I had links to them on some of my social media sites. Then there were problems with copyright infringement and I received a notice that I was out of compliance. There was no information that detailed anything but just a generalized threat. I decided then that it wasn't worth it and around 2015 I closed my account and took down all of my mixes.

The really big difference with posting mixes on that site was in making the mix one file. I actually enjoyed doing that although it was a number of extra steps in the mix making process if I wanted to post to Mixcloud. That was another reason I stopped at that time.

Apparently a couple of years ago Mixcloud overcame the copyright issues and most of the users pay a fee to be on the site which is then used to pay artists. There are a lot of professional disc jockeys that host their shows on this site.

So I signed up again and created a new account on the free service. I've posted a handful of mixes and will see if it is worth having them on that site. I have the app on my phone and tablet which enables me to play mixes just as I would on Spotify except instead of individual songs it is a one file mix. I posted some of these mixes on a couple of FB music groups I belong to. 

Here is a link to my Mixcloud page

No comments: