Thursday, July 14, 2022

Date Night in Long Lake

Becky and I did a date night in Long Lake. The two of us went down to the Long View Lodge for a nice quiet dinner. The restaurant was busy but we got a good table in the dining room alongside a window overlooking the lake. We originally wanted to sit on the patio but the only tables available were in the direct evening sunlight. It was also rather buggy so we were happy where we were in the dining room. 

The food was wonderful and especially the starter dish that we shared which was a corn and tomato salad. Spectacular.

I ordered an IPA draft from Zero Gravity Brewing. I had just had a couple of Zero Gravity non-alcohol IPAs recently and I was really interested in having a real one. It tasted great and then I went on to the Untappd beer app and discovered I previously had a Zero Gravity IPA a year ago right here in the Long View Lodge. I told this story to the waiter who had a nice laugh about the serendipity. 

We watched the kids a couple of times so Katie and Todd and then Sean and Ashley could have a date night dinner (or lunch). 

Someday Becky and I should get a room and stay at this lodge for some time.

No comments: