Sunday, November 19, 2023

Rastaman Vibration - Bob Marley & The Wailers in Concert

Bob Marley & The Wailers played the Century Theater on Main Street in downtown Buffalo in the spring of 1976. This was during my first time trip to Buffalo visiting Becky's family. 

Going to this concert was a very last minute thing to do when some friends invited us to a night to out see some reggae music. It was very unexpected and last minute but a very special treat.

It was a great show. I always seem to remember that George Thorogood and the Destroyers opened that show but I could not find any recent documentation of the opening act. I did find a poster about the show which had the Blues Busters as opening. I really don't remember them. 

We had been Bob Marley fans for a few years already and had never had a chance to see him perform. This would be the only time we ever saw him as he would die a few years later in 1981. It was a great show and he was spectacular. I had just recently bought his live album released in late 1975... Bob Marley & The Wailers Live!


No comments: