Sunday, March 20, 2022

Reggae All Day - Part 1

Reggae All Day... and all of the night. 
Literally. Another mega mix. Part 1. Another recent pandemic project of collecting my reggae mixes together. Each part will have a reggae comment. I've loved reggae music since my teen years in the 1960's when there were songs like Stir It Up, I Can See Clearly Now, The Israelites from people like Johnny Nash and Desmond Dekker. There was some pop ska on the airwaves too like My Boy Lollipop. I didn't know it then but I would soon be hearing it at the source. Of course the mix starts off with Bob Marley.

These mixes also remind me of a bar in our neighborhood called Rude Boys that for several years in the early 1980's only played reggae music or reggae influenced new wave if it had that Beat. Rude Boys has been closed for decades but I drive by it several times a week and I'm always reminded of the good times we had there and this music. I previously wrote about Rude Boys here.

Here is Part 1 of that mega mix. 1-50. 

1. Trenchtown Rock (Live) - Bob Marley & The Wailers
2. Concrete Jungle - Bob Marley & The Wailers
3. Stepping Razor - Peter Tosh
4. Rasta Man - Bunny Wailer
5. Funky Kingston - Toots & The Maytals
6. One Cold Vibe (Couldn't Stop Dis Ya Boogie) - Third World
7. Feelin' High - The Equators
8. See Them A Come - X-O-DUS
9. The Ghost - Burning Spear
10. Steppin' Out - Steel Pulse
11. Youth Of Eglington - Black Uhuru
12. Police & Thieves - Junior Murvin
13. Book Of Rules - The Heptones
14. Rivers of Babylon - The Melodians
15. Back To Africa - Aswad
16. At The Feast - The Congos
17. Chalice In The Palace - U-Roy
18. Israelites - Desmond Dekker & The Aces T
19. The Harder They Come - Jimmy Cliff
20. Reggae Got Soul - Toots & The Maytals
21. Stir It Up - Johnny Nash
22. Lovers Rock - Sugar Minott
23. Oh What A Feeling - The Wailing Souls
24. Pass The Kouchie - The Mighty Diamonds
25. Tenement Yard - Jacob Miller
26. Roots Natty - The Gladiators
27. Satisfy My Sou l- Bob Marley & The Wailers
28. Cherry Oh Baby - Eric Donaldson
29. Your’re No Good - Ken Boothe
30. Downpressor Man - Peter Tosh
31. Time Tough - Toots & The Maytals
32. War Ina Babylon - Max Romeo & The Upsetters
33. Chant To King Selassie I - Augustus Pablo
34. Roots Natty Congo - Johnny Clarke
35. Inglan Is A Bitch - Linton Kwesi Johnson
36. English Black Boys - X-O-DUS
37. Chant Down Babylon - Dub Club
38. Satta Dread Dub - The Aggrovators
39. Old Marcus Garvey - Burning Spear
40. I & I Survive - Bad Brains
41. One More Dub - The Clash
42. Revelations (Alphabet City Dub) - The Lions
43. Spirits In The Material World - The Police
44. Living On The Frontline - Eddy Grant
45. Celebrate The Bullet - The Selecter
46. Food For Thought - UB40
47. Whole World Is Africa - Black Uhuru
48. Police In Helicopter - John Holt
49. Armagideon Time - Dr. Israel
50. Return to the Bass and Trouble - Sly & Robbie


No comments: