Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Afternoon Delight

This afternoon I spent a delightful nearly two hours sitting in our backyard sunroom. It was cold and sunny with a little snow still on the ground in shadowed places and the squirrels were everywhere thinking it should be spring now. I was thinking that too as I watched the robins in the backyard digging around in the frozen ground for worms.

There was lots of activity in the birdfeeders that also had my attention while I tried to read the last few chapters of Jules Verne's Around The World In Eighty Days. I had the stereo going too and was listening to some 80's new wave and punk but it couldn't keep me from dozing off a little bit. That sun was just so warm.

There are a lot of flowers on the verge of opening up including some daffodils that would have if they had felt the sun today the way I did. I recently put a thermometer in the room and some sunny days it has been up to the high 70's in there but today was a very nice 68.




No comments: