Saturday, March 12, 2022

Egg On My Head

As a kid I remember a few times when I got hit on the head that caused a swelling lump or an egg as we called it back then. Sometimes it was from a fall off of a sled or wagon, sometimes it was getting hit in the head by a baseball. Maybe it was from falling out of a tree or swing or some monkey bars. The bump would hurt for a bit and then we would ignore it. Sometimes I would go home and mom would put an ice pack on it if she noticed it. This would happen to lots of other kids in the neighborhood too.

Sometimes there was also a cut on the bump and maybe a need for some stitches. We would head over to Dr. Rybachok's office for that. I don't remember anyone having a serious head injury or even anyone, including myself, being checked for a concussion. There didn't seem to be anyone looking into your eyes for symptoms. Different times.

No comments: