Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunbathing Upstairs

There is a certain joy to sitting in the warm sun during the winter months and especially in a comfy chair by a window overlooking our street on a sunny morning. I'm doing that right now as I'm writing these thoughts into a notebook along with a cup of hot tea.

Our house is facing East and we get the morning sun on the front of the house. It comes in our bedroom windows and the sitting room upstairs. Of course it also shines on our front porch in the morning. It has only been since I retired that I discovered the morning pleasure of sitting at the window upstairs and in particular since the start of the pandemic two years ago. Prior to the pandemic and even some summer weekend mornings before I retired I spent some mornings sitting on the front porch but that was mostly an evening pleasure.

I also love sitting in that upstairs window at night too. Becky kids me that I'm mom-moming when I sit there watching the neighborhood. Keeping an eye on things like my grandmother was fond of doing from her windows.

But it is the morning winter sun that is so special. In the afternoon I like to sit in the backyard and in the winter on a sunny day I will be in our sunroom enjoying that sun and keeping warm.

No comments: