Thursday, September 26, 2024

Album Challenge - 1969 pt. 1 - Everybody Knows

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere - Neil Young with Crazy Horse. There are a lot of albums that influenced my taste in music in my collection released in 1969 but I'm going to start the Album Challenge for the year with Neil Young.

This artist certainly had a big impact on my music development over the decades and still does. This record, which I got right away early in the summer of '69, when we were hearing that long song Down By The River being played on the recently new FM underground rock stations in Philly. So many other great songs on that album too... Cinnamon Girl, The Losing End, Cowgirl in the Sand, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, etc. A year later he followed this album with After The Gold Rush and the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young album Deja Vu. 

The first time I saw Neil Young in concert was with the Buffalo Springfield at the Trauma rock club in downtown Philly in 1968. I would see him play a solo show in 1969 at another club downtown and then with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in Chicago in 1970. In 1974 I saw him solo at the Spectrum in Philly and them later that year again with CSN&Y. I haven't counted in awhile but I know I have over 50 Neil Young albums.

No comments: