Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Album Challenge - 1968 pt. 3 - The Inner Mystique

While pondering my list of favorite albums for 1968 I quickly realized that there are literally dozens of records in my collection that have influenced my taste in music and I can tell a story about as part of this ongoing Album Challenge. So here is 1968 pt. 3 and the Chocolate Watch Band's The Inner Mystique. This was released in early 1968 and would go on to be considered a classic of garage rock and psychedelia. 

This is the only album in my collection that I bought for no other reason than I liked the cover. Maybe I was stoned. I came across it while browsing a record bin in one of those small head shops in our neighborhood that were popular back in 1968. They sold a few albums along with their bongs, papers, peasant shirts, scarfs and posters. 

This became one of my all time favorite albums and especially in the 80's when I was spinning records in bars on my 60's nights. I've also used every song on this album multiple times on various mixes over the decades.

No comments: