Friday, June 14, 2024

Dinner Tonight @ Shango

We just enjoyed another wonderful dinner (as usual) at one of our favorite restaurants... Shango Bistro & Wine Bar. It was a somewhat crowded early Friday evening and a beautiful day. The patio was full. We left around 7:30 and a second wave of diners was just happening. We always have a good time at Shango whether we're with other people or just by ourselves like tonight. It was a nice way to end the day.

We had one of our favorite dinners tonight... po' boy sandwiches. Becky had the shrimp po' boy and I had the blackened catfish po' boy. Both came with sweet potato fries. I also started out with a cup of their fabulous gumbo which of course I always have every time I'm sitting down in Shango.

Tonight I had a Flower Power IPA draft from Ithaca Brewery which is one of my all time favorite brews. I followed that up with a nice Mexican Lager on tap from K2 Brothers Brewery. 

It was such a beautiful day today and we don't usually go out for dinner on Friday nights. Our usual day is Thursday but we didn't go out last night. I looked at a few restaurants because I was thinking it would be nice to be on a patio somewhere near some water but everywhere was booked. It was going to be a very busy Friday night. So I made reservations at Shango instead. Never a bad option.




No comments: