Saturday, January 28, 2023

I Saw Her Walking On Down The Line - Songs 1966

I saw her walking on down the line and you're probably wondering why I'm here. The sentiments of the opening and closing songs on this Songs 1966 mix I recently reconfigured and posted on the Side A / Side B Facebook group and on Spotify. 

As a young teenager I loved the Hanky Panky song and bought the single back in the day. I had a few other singles in this mix too... and all of the albums. I think I still have the 45s for the first three songs. Everything on the mixes are coming from my collection of music. Every song here means something to me personally or it wouldn't be on this mix. I probably have a story for every song. They were all part of my life and growing up as a Philadelphia teenager in 1966. Good radio stations back then too but underground radio was on the horizon. Here is a link to this mix on Spotify.

I Saw Her Walking On Down The Line - Songs 1966
  1. Hanky Panky – Tommy James & The Shondells
  2. Little Girl – Syndicate of Sound
  3. Cherry Cherry – Neil Diamond
  4. You Baby – The Turtles
  5. Under My Thumb – The Rolling Stones
  6. With A Girl Like You – The Troggs
  7. Rosalyn – The Pretty Things
  8. Talk Talk – The Music Machine
  9. Call My Name - Them
  10. Here, There and Everywhere – The Beatles
  11. Go Where You Wanna Go – The Mamas and The Papas
  12. Just Like A Woman – Bob Dylan
  13. Burned – Buffalo Springfield
  14. Somebody To Love – The Great Society
  15. Substitute – The Who
  16. Bus Stop – The Hollies
  17. All or Nothing – Small Faces
  18. She’s My Baby – The Mojo Men
  19. Don’t Look Back – The Remains
  20. Sometimes Good Guys Don’t Wear White – The Standells
  21. Good Thing – Paul Revere & The Raiders
  22. Somebody Help Me – Spencer Davis Group
  23. I’m So Glad – Cream
  24. I Can’t Keep From Crying Sometimes – The Blues Project
  25. All Your Love – John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers
  26. Mary, Mary – Paul Butterfield Blues Band
  27. The Nazz Are Blue – The Yardbirds
  28. Mustang Sally – The Young Rascals
  29. Can’t Explain – Love
  30. I Need Somebody – ? and The Mysterians
  31. You’ve Got What I Want – The Sorrows
  32. Mud In Your Eye – Les Fleur De Lys
  33. You’re Probably Wondering Why I’m Here – The Mothers of Invention

No comments: