Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Ever Since I Was A Young Boy - Songs 1969

Actually in 1969 I wasn't a young boy anymore. I was 17, graduating from high school, turning 18 and enlisting in the Navy. I was still buying lots of albums too and going out to see rock and folk music shows in clubs. Some big rock festivals too.

I was still working at the machine shop but then I was old enough to operate the lathes, drill presses, grinders, etc. and the money was mostly going towards my music obsession. I even had one of those album a month subscriptions to the Columbia Music Record Club.  I remember those 12 albums that cost a penny when joining the club and agreeing to buy one album a month for a year. That lasted about a year until I left for the Navy.

So here is the link to the mix on Spotify and once again it runs a little over an hour and a half. 

Ever Since I Was A Young Boy - Songs 1969

  1. Pinball Wizard – The Who
  2. Midnight Rambler – The Rolling Stones
  3. Cold Turkey – John Lennon
  4. I Wanna Be Your Dog – The Stooges
  5. Space Oddity – David Bowie
  6. The Narrow Way: Part 3 – Pink Floyd
  7. A Salty Dog – Procol Harum
  8. The Rose and The Thorn – 13th Floor Elevators
  9. Moonlight On Vermont – Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
  10. Peaches En Regalia – Frank Zappa
  11. Rivers of Babylon – The Melodians
  12. Israelites – Desmond Dekker & The Aces
  13. Sweet & Dandy – Toots & The Maytals
  14. Cloud Nine – The Temptations
  15. Stand! – Sly & The Family Stone
  16. Sing A Simple Song – The Meters
  17. Lament I, Bird’s Lament – Moondog
  18. The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp – Rotary Connection
  19. Bluebirds Over The Mountain – The Beach Boys
  20. Introduction – Chicago
  21. Don’t Forget About Me – Dusty Springfield
  22. Soul Deep – The Box Tops
  23. Venus – Shocking Blue
  24. Blind – Deep Purple
  25. Mendocino – The Sir Douglas Quintet

No comments: