Monday, December 12, 2022

Eliane Elias

Before heading up to bed Becky and I often watch a few PBS Tiny Desk concerts on YouTube. Last night we watched a segment by Brazilian jazz pianist/vocalist Eliane Elias. She put on a great performance that we both loved and she has a wonderful unique voice when she sings.

I've been following her music for a number of years and have always enjoyed her albums. I have seven of them in my collection but she has recorded 31 records between 1985 and 2022 as a band leader and many more as a guest musician.

So this morning she is my Morning Kitchen Listening pick and she sounds great over tea and toast. I could listen to her all day...  I will.

And today we had a group of her albums playing throughout the day and even at dinner. There is something so nice about her Brazilian singing and her Latin jazz piano playing. It was a great day for music in our house.

Eliane Elias albums in my collection:

  • Eliane Elias Plays Jobim, 1989
  • Fantasia, 1992
  • Solos and Duets with Herbie Hancock, 1999
  • Something For You: Eliane Elias Sings & Plays Bill Evans, 2007
  • I Thought About You: A Tribute to Chet Baker, 2013
  • Made in Brazil, 2015
  • Dance of Time, 2017

No comments: