Friday, December 3, 2021

Yod's Swag

An old friend from the local Buffalo music scene contacted me the other day and offered me some of his CDs. I said sure and he mailed them to me. I got them today.

Yod (not his real name) was in several bands we used to often see in the 1980's around Buffalo. Saw him a few times in the 90's too. His bands also played the Pastime Lounge where I worked. At some point he moved with his family to Long Lake NY in the Adirondacks. He would occasionally get down to Buffalo to play out or visit family and friends. I ran into him a couple of years ago at an event for the first time in a couple of decades. He pulled a CD of his latest music out of his pocket and offered it to me. He called it his swag!

We're friends on FB and he contacted me earlier this week to see if I wanted his latest collection of music. I got the package today that contained four CDs. I'll be giving them a spin. His old band was Dark Marbles.

He plays around in the Long Lake area and sometimes performs at the Adirondack Hotel. It would be nice to see him play there some time.

No comments: