Thursday, December 16, 2021

Termination Shock Pt. 1

Termination Shock by Neal Stephenson, 2021

I just read the first half of this e-book and then had to return it to the library. It's another great book from Stephenson and I've read a lot of his novels but I just couldn't read it fast enough. This book is a near future science fiction story but it feels like the news today with the crazy storms and pandemic. Yes, the coronavirus is still rampaging through the country years from now in this book and there are many interesting technological processes and devices to cope with the virus. The main plot is also an attempt to deal with climate change. I'm really looking forward to getting back to this book ASAP.

I put a hold on it but it will take about seven weeks before I can get it again because there are so many people waiting for it.

This is one of the negatives of downloading e-books from the library. They will just disappear from your device when they become due. No more keeping it a few extra days and then paying an overdue fine.

I did have two more books lined up to borrow that I had started earlier and didn't have enough time to finish. I will complete those books now. I also have that recent Bob Woodward book ready to get in a few days. I've waited a long time for that one and I'll try to read that as quick as possible.

No comments: