Monday, December 6, 2021

An Evening of Phone Calls

I spent much of this evening on the phone with family members giving me birthday greetings and catching up. Actually the calls started in the early afternoon with a call from Lizzie who dialed me up while walking to work. We had a very nice conversation.  I had an hour long talk with Cathy which was a lot of fun and we covered a lot of territory. She said she always learns something when we talk on the phone.

However, we talk a lot about her ongoing health issues which makes me feel much better about my own health which is much better than hers and so many other people I know. We talked about some old family stories and also about the recent death of Aunt Kate. 

I had another long conversation with Rita which was similar to the talk with Cathy. I really do love talking with my sisters. I didn't talk with Betsy today but we had a few conversations recently and I'm sure I'll talk with her again soon.

I talked with Dan last week and he texted me a birthday greeting and a promise to talk in a day or so. I know he is very busy right now with issues about the house and his search for a new job. I'm looking forward to getting an update.

The highlight of the night was a double Duo video chat with both Katie and Sean at the same time and getting to see all three grandchildren on my phone. It was a lot of fun. We stayed on the phone close to an hour. Henry and Clara are gave me happy birthdays and did their usual silly routines. Andrew was fun trying to get to the phone with his mouth. I really do enjoy watching him moving around and playing with his toys. Becky and I are looking forward to spending time with Sean, Ashely and Andrew over the Christmas weekend which will actually be the first time in over 30 years that we will have not spent Christmas at home with the kids.

I also spent a lot of time this evening thanking people for birthday greetings on FB.

We had a nice birthday dinner of sandwiches from Zio's, chocolate cake and ice cream. We will be going out for dinner on Wednesday evening.

No comments: