Sunday, December 12, 2021

What to Listen to Next?

I like listening to music. All the time. All day. Every day. And I have since my teenage years walking around with that transistor radio.

These days I have many more choices of what to listen to and how. I have my fifty plus years of collecting albums scanned on to my computer hard drives taking up almost 2 TB of music that can play through my home sound system where I mostly use it in the kitchen. I have my iPod always loaded up with music to take anywhere. I always have some CDs sitting near my home stereo system in addition to the system and shelves up on the third floor. Also on the 3rd floor is my collection of vinyl albums. Sometimes it's nice to go up there and play something on the turntable although I'm thinking about moving it down to the first floor. I have a couple of other portable players scattered around the house that can play my iPod and or CDs. I also have a player in the backyard sunroom that can play my iPod, CDs, or flash drive. 

Yes, the flash drive has become a thing recently. Our new car has a media player and no CD player. I can attach the iPod to it or put in a flash drive. I recently copied quite a few of my long mega mixes on to flash drives for use in the car. I also recently got a Bluetooth speaker that can play music off of a flash drive in addition to connecting with other devices.

I have recently been riding our stationary bike everyday in addition to our daily two mile walk. I want to keep my body moving now that I'm 70 years old. I bring down my iPod and I play music while I pedal the bike. I also have my tablet with me and I read while on the bike. I guess this is multitasking. 

So far I've been writing about how to listen and not what to listen to next which is the title of the post. I've been listening to a lot of my albums in my collection. I play the vinyl, or play the CD or I listen on iTunes. I've been doing a lot of random album playing using the alphabetical setting for albums and just letting them play.

I also have a lot of my new mega mixes on my iPod, as playlists on iTunes and loaded on flash drives for playing in the car or another device. 

Of course there is also Spotify that I've been subscribing to for the past five years. I listen to lots of new releases there, to playlist that I've uploaded there and to system generated playlist created for me personally. I also regularly listen to their created playlists like the weekly Classical New Releases.

I wrote earlier about my music listening patterns.

No comments: