Friday, December 31, 2021

New Year's Eve Dinners

Well, this New Year's Becky and I are having a quiet night and an early bedtime after a hectic day taking care of Henry and Clara while their mother is in the hospital recovering from her c-section birth of our granddaughter Violet. Thankfully for her Todd has been able to stay there with her overnight the past two nights.

So no dinner for us tonight. We had planned on a nice meal of snack foods but the sudden birth of Violet and our need to get down to Philly yesterday changed our plans.

Last year we also had a very quiet covid New Year's Eve with some nice snack food and drinks. Before the pandemic we had been going out to dinner on New Year's Eve for the last ten years or so. We have been having a nice dinner earlier in the evening and then going home before midnight to avoid all the crazies. Our days of going out and partying on New Year's Eve until late at night had been long gone.

Facebook today had also reminded me about places we've have gone out to dinner the past few years through the FB memories function. Four of the last five years we've gone to either Shango or Coco for dinner. The other year was at CRaVing. 

Hopefully next year we can go back to Coco or Shango.

It was fifty years ago today that I spent a New Year's Eve onboard a Navy ship somewhere in the Caribbean Sea. I really don't remember where we were and what I was doing. I just know that I was at sea on December 31, 1970.

This is the first time in many decades that I will be in Philadelphia for News Year's Day. I think probably 1978. So today I saw that the New Year's Mummers Parade has been moved from Saturday January 1st to Sunday January 2nd because of the weather. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow.

No comments: