Sunday, June 6, 2021

Heavy Pickup

This week is heavy pickup for our neighborhood. I've been going through the house looking for stuff we don't need or want to put on the street. I've also started posting items on the Buy Nothing North Buffalo Parkside FB group which gives items away that you don't want anymore. Last week I gave away our fondue set that was a gift we never used and someone was very happy.

Today I cleaned out some garden equipment out of the shed which included an old power lawn mower that has been sitting there for at least a dozen years and three old not used anymore weed trimmers including one we originally had on Shirley Ave. I put them out on the street in front of our house and they were picked up by someone in about an hour. I knew they wouldn't last very long but that was still very fast. Two of the trimmers can be used again and I'm sure someone with some mechanic skills can get that old lawn mower working again. That picker was happy.

No comments: