Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Spine Doctor Visit

Yesterday I had an appointment with UB Neurology spine center. I got this meeting with a PA from the office about a month after I had my CT scan of my spine. I've had so many scans recently that it's been hard to keep track. I had a brain scan to check to make sure my vision problems were indeed a cataract and not being caused by the aneurysm behind my eye. That was verified.  

Here are the results of my spine scan... done on 11/16/23

"Imaging Center: Great Lakes Medical Imaging Exam: CT LUMBAR SPINE W/O CONTRAST Accession #: 2185368^RADIOLOGY INDICATION: Low back pain. Technique: Axial contiguous images lumbar spine, sagittal and coronal reconstruction. COMPARISON: X-rays 7/18/2023. Results: Slightly findings include colonic diverticulosis, ectasia infrarenal abdominal aorta, partially imaged. Degenerative change SI joints. Vertebral body heights are well preserved. Moderately severe multilevel disc space narrowing, multilevel retrolisthesis, generalized posterior facet arthrosis, multilevel reactive endplate change. Segmental analysis is as follows: L1/2 through L5/S1: Retrolisthesis, disc bulging, disc osteophyte complex, posterior facet arthrosis. At L1/2, mild bilateral foraminal stenosis At L2/3, mild bilateral foraminal stenosis At L3/4, moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis, straightening thecal sac At L4/5, mild flattening thecal sac, bilateral lateral recess stenosis, moderately severe bilateral foraminal stenosis At L5/S1, mild central canal, moderately severe bilateral foraminal stenosis. . IMPRESSION: CT LUMBAR SPINE 1. Moderate lumbar spondylosis, multilevel disc bulging/disc osteophyte complex, multilevel retrolisthesis, generalized posterior facet arthrosis 2. At L4/5, L5/S1, mild central canal stenosis 3. Multilevel foraminal stenosis described at individual levels in segmental analysis 4. Ancillary findings include colonic diverticulosis, borderline aneurysmal dilatation abdominal aorta with extension into common iliac arteries. Recommend imaging options for follow-up either abdominal ultrasound or CT angiography of the abdomen and pelvis CT preferable.. "

The PA discussed my bulging disc problem and the associated nerve pain.  They also wanted to follow up on possible abdominal aneurysms because of my family history. They recommended following up with more physical therapy for my hip and spine pain. 


12/13

No comments: