Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Dinner @ Kostas

Tonight we had a wonderful family dinner at Kostas Greek restaurant which of course is one of Katie and Todd's favorite places to eat when they are in town and has been for many years. We got there somewhat early at about 5:15 pm and it wasn't busy yet but being the day after Christmas we knew it would fill up soon. We were lucky to get one of those large rounded corner booths where we could all sit comfortably at the table along with a high chair for Violet although she really wanted to stand next to the table from the seats.

The service was great as usual and because we were there before the crowd we got a food very quickly. I had my usual chicken souvlaki salad and Becky had her usual spanakopita. We had a side of Greek potatoes. Todd had a souvlaki dinner and Katie had that chicken souvlaki salad too. The kids had pancakes and they behaved very well throughout the meal. 

We were lucky to get there early because the place did fill up very quickly while we were having our dinner and the kitchen was very busy. When we were finished it took a little while longer to get our check because the staff was so busy.

We went in separate cars because of my recently dislocated shoulder. I didn't want to squeeze into their car as we usually do when we go somewhere together . I also didn't wear my arm sling for the dinner. Earlier in the day I went to the doctor's office to have my arm looked at but that's another story.

No comments: