Monday, December 25, 2023

Dislocated Shoulder

It was a beautiful sunny day for Christmas and we decided to go out for a walk around the neighborhood and over to the park. Katie stayed home while Violet napped and the rest of us, me and Becky, Todd, Henry and Clara went for the walk.

Unfortunately while heading back to the house and just around the corner I stumbled over Clara who was darting around near my legs and I fell. It felt like slow motion as I went down and I was trying to avoid landing on Clara. She fell too but I went down hard on my left shoulder and left knee. I dislocated my shoulder and scrapped up my knee. I knew I was in trouble right away as my shoulder felt all out of joint. It looked weird too and was very painful.

We got back to the house and I took off my shirt to examine the shoulder. It was obviously dislocated. Becky decided to take me over to the emergency room at the nearby Sisters Hospital. It was Christmas Day in the afternoon so wherever we went would probably be an ordeal. We went out to the car and as I was getting my seatbelt on I felt my shoulder pop back into place. It immediately felt better although still painful. At that point we decided to go back into the house and see how things went with my shoulder. It was definitely better but also painfully damaged. Becky got an old pillowcase and fashioned a sling for me which helped.

I was really not feeling very well with both the hip problems and now the shoulder pain. We decided to take things a day at a time and see how my shoulder healed. We were also talking about going to my doctor very soon and I would contact the office the following day.

No comments: