Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Matrix... Again

I saw some promotions online about a new Matrix movie showing on HBO Max. What caught my attention was that the screenplay was written by one of my favorite science fiction writers David Mitchell who wrote Cloud Atlas among others.

The first Matrix movie was released in 1999 and the two follow up sequels were both released in 2003. I remembered liking the first film and wasn't sure if I had even seen the other two. So I watched all three this past week in preparation of watching the the brand new fourth film. It turns out I saw the second movie but not the third one. Apparently I opted out after the second and I really did understand why. The second and third films were boring and totally redundant. They really overplayed everything and especially the gunfights and martial arts combat scenes. Here they go again, another special effects fight scene. Again and again. 

No comments: